11.05.2009

i'm here.




ahem...greetings,

Sorry it's been a little while. The end of October/beginning of November proved to be surprisingly insane. And what do I have to show for it? 2 papers completed, statistics homework, and a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. There seems to be no end to the onslaught of academia either. But since I have a moment to breathe tonight I thought I'd share a few different edits on the above image...which I think tuned out quite nicely! I took it once again during my sister's visit and our outing in Central Park. This location is actually probably my very favorite part of the park too...so far anyway. I haven't taken any pictures since then. Sad.
This entire Saturday (or at least part of it), shall be devoted to photography. I'm going to the Columbia vs. Harvard football game. Maybe I will have some interesting images. :). I've also been obsessed with the East Coast fall...I haven't seen anything like it before. The trees are still golden and red. It's amazing. It really is a shame I haven't captured more of it. I took the picture above around the beginning of fall in New York. I think we are nearing the end of the peak. Maybe I can get some more shots on Saturday.

Anybody seen the movie New York, I Love You? Opinions? It got mixed reviews from the critics. But the trailer looks cool...and it's based on Paris Je T'aime, which I hear is great. Also I really like the song they used in the trailer, which I have discovered is Phoenix 1901. Another film I want to see is An Education. Remember Carey Mulligan from Pride and Prejudice? Evidently this one is getting oscar buzz.

From a social work standpoint, I really really want to see Precious, another film generating oscar attention. Being in social work school next door to Harlem, I think about this type of thing on a day to day basis (they say Columbia is technically in the "Morningside Heights" area...but no, we're in Harlem :)). Looks like an incredibly beautiful film. Hard. This is tough...and complicated. but real, raw, and beautiful. I'll let you know what I think if I get to see it.

No comments: