11.07.2009

PhotoJournal: The Ivy League

I brought my camera along to the Columbia vs. Harvard football game that I watched with some fellow Columbia friends today. I'm not really that into sports at all...but it was still fun to watch and practice getting a few shots. I overexposed many of them and had some difficulty with the action shots. I posted my best action shot below...not as sharp as I would have liked...but whatever. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. Chilly, but beautiful. After the game, we headed down to the famous Shake Shack on Columbus and 79th. So as promised there are a few more NY fall photos below. I'm gonna try and snatch even more of the rapidly fading colors tomorrow if I have some time. Hope you are enjoying these last weeks of fall as we catapult (literally) into Thanksgiving and the holiday season. For some reason I do not feel quite ready for the holidays this year. I want things to slow down a little bit. Don't get me wrong I adore Christmas, but for some reason the Christmas commercials, Starbucks holiday cups and Target covered in paper snow flakes all feels a little out of place to me at the moment. I need more time! Or maybe just something to put me in the Christmas spirit. Anyway, enjoy these!

the crimson clad Harvard band came out all the way from Boston :)
Columbia guys at the end of a huddle
my best true "action" shot...i know kinda crummy. Oh well.
Half of the Ivy League flags
Columbia Lions.
More fall colors near the Shake Shack on the Upper West Side

Shake Shack.
all photos copyright 2009 Lydia Supplee

No comments: