1.24.2010

Long Distance Call

I'm up way too late.

But I just gotta post this.

First, I have to start by saying I have this weak spot (soft spot...whatever) for a band called Paramore. I love them. You know how there are those bands, those songs that you can practically mark your life by? Songs that see you through both good and bad times? Well, through the years, starting with late highschool/early college, Paramore has been that for me. I have a whole list of reasons why I love them. But maybe I should save that for a separate post.

I'll just give you two reasons now :)

1) The transparency and honesty in their lyrics. Seriously. Look up any of their lyrics. You'll see what I'm talking about.

2) The fact that their lead singer is a 21 year old GIRL. She is a girl in a guy's world. Especially within this genre/style of music. The feminist in me loves this. I also love her voice. Again, look up anything on youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Recently, I've begun listening to a French band that's exploded in popularity recently called Phoenix.

And tonight I found a video of Paramore covering a song by Phoenix called Long Distance Call for a French TV show.

So here it is! Enjoy!


Here's a link to the Phoenix original if you want to hear that too

No comments: