2.09.2010

Weddings, Photos, and flowered hair pins

Yesterday was my sister's one month wedding anniversary!
Unfortunately I didn't take very many photos during the wedding week and weekend. I guess I was too busy running around like a crazy person.

But here are a few of the photos that I did manage to take:

They are a mix of DSLR and powershot photos. The first and eighth photo in this series I took back in the fall when Laura first picked out her beautiful wedding dress from Something New Boutique in Colorado Springs. I wanted to post the pictures soooo badly. But of course, her lovely fiance hadn't seen the dress yet.

I also had to post this last black and white photo because I was (and still am) in love with the flowered headband that she wore with a matching black dress for the rehearsal dinner. In the cake cutting picture (above, taken with a little Canon powershot), you can also see that she chose to wear a small headband with flowers at the wedding instead of a veil. I just LOVE these accessories. As such, I was thrilled to discover this blog recently: {hope}venessa and her etsy shop. I met this lovely lady during my summer in India. We were both volunteering in Calcutta at Mother Teresa's homes around the same time. Little did I know that she is an incredible artist, jewelry, and accessory designer! She makes everything herself. I think I might have to purchase the flowered headbands and/or hair pins someday soon! Check it out. (valentine's gifts!!). Yet another bonus is that half of all the proceeds go to either Invisible Children or Missionaries of Charity (founded by Mother Teresa).

One last thing: if you haven't already, head on over to RachaelHopePhotography to see the professional wedding photos. AMAZING!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Aren't Venessa's creations lovely?