3.27.2010

Boston: part one



Last Saturday my friend Michelle took me all around Boston! It's an incredible city...I can't believe how much ground we covered in one day. We started out at MIT and walked across the street to the river (1st 3 pictures), then headed towards the bridge over to downtown Boston. We walked all around Beacon Hill, where we found a beautiful flower/garden shop. Then we made our way to the Boston Commons, the Public Library (where we saw an INCREDIBLE photo-journalism display by Boston photographer Jules Aarons--second to last photo). We ate a late lunch on Newbury Street and ended the day with a stunning sunset on the river!

Change of subject: I must tell you that I've been swept away and caught up in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society since Monday. I just finished it last night. It's one of those books that you wish would just never end. I actually wanted to be inside the story, join the society and be friends with all of the characters. The island of Guernsey has been added to my long list of places to see and visit someday. Please read it. Or google it and read the rave reviews first if you must :).

2 comments:

Irene said...

i absolutely love that book! The minute I finished, I wanted there to be a sequel. I was sad that the book had to end. :)

Morgan said...

I'm loving those daisies :)