5.23.2010

Riverside Park, the 91st street garden



I've been out of the blog world for a little bit...which is a shame because I miss you all!! Excited to catch up on reading your blogs and hopefully back to my regular posting schedule.
I'm moving out of my apartment in a week. Things have started to get stressful...but I know that if I forget to pick up my camera and notice things, even in the midst of stress, I begin to feel a gaping hole in my existence.

These photos are from a few weeks ago. I need to dedicate this post to "You've Got Mail" lovers everywhere:

"There's a place in Riverside Park on 91st street where the path curves, and there's a garden. Brinkley and I will be waiting."
--Joe Fox (Toms Hanks), You've Got Mail

And so: the 91st street garden (above) in Riverside Park on the West Side is one of my favorite spots in New York City. The photos don't really do it justice. Come pay it a visit sometime.

4 comments:

lorene said...

i LOVE that movie and i LOVE these pictures!!!

so, you moving out in a week probably means you won't be in NYC next month when we're out there... so sad!

: (

kamlakar Mishra Smriti Sansthan said...

cool& natural providing peace
thanks a lot

Morgan said...

Where is your next destination?

Laura said...

Lydiii I have some flowers in my apt right now just like those purple ones. :) We are connected!