9.15.2010

The End


I've been dying to make a strawberry rhubarb pie all summer (it's my absolute favorite!). I finally made time over the weekend. Two pies...one at home, and one at sister Laura's and brother in law Michael's adorable new apartment--pictured above. My baby sister (the future chef) and I christened their kitchen Saturday with a pie. She showed me how to properly chop the rhubarb, which really did make the second pie turn out better than the first. Michael and Laura cooked us dinner, while we listened to the perfect music for the occasion, Feist's Mushaboom. It felt like the end of summer. I've been seeing so many fall blog posts lately. I'll have to do one of my own soon. Hope you had an excellent start to the week! And thank you all so much for your sweet comments on my last post :). I love meeting so many amazing new people in this place we call the blogosphere. So wonderful. It makes my entire month!!

8 comments:

lorene said...

That pie looks and sounds wonderful! Can you send a slice to Vegas?

Oh, I wanted to tell you something exciting! Remember when we went to Otto in NYC? They just opened one out here! Yet another reason why you MUST come visit me and Chad soon! Love you!

Monet said...

This collection of photos just warmed my heart. I loved thinking about the three of you cooking, laughing and eating together. Your pie looks fabulous. I only wish I could have had a slice. Much love sweet girl. I miss you!

Nell said...

Oh man! That looks like a damn tasty pie! If you're sending slices to Vegas, can you pop one in the post to me too??!!! xx

Viilhvile said...

Have to agree with Monet; your photos made me all warm and nostalgic... pie looks like a dream; LOVE rhubarb, but the season is short here in Norway; meaning no rhubarb this year...
Wishing you a beautiful September!

the southern hostess said...

Yum! This looks perfect!

Koey said...

The pie looks tasty! I always wish I can bake.
I especially like the 5th photo, so casual and comfortable.

mylifereinvented said...

I love the cut up strawberry photos.

Morgan said...

Strawberry rhubarb is Grant's favorite too :) You'll have to let me know how to cut rhubarb!!