9.19.2010

Mountains
Mountains5
Mountains3
Mountains4
Mountains2


--A picnic with a good friend near the mountains I grew up with. It's crazy living in my home town again. We had an inspiring conversation about health, happiness and food. I've been inspired to try and eat raw as much as possible. And by raw I mean eating vegetables, eating whole grains, knowing exactly what goes into my homemade meals (for example--making my spaghetti sauce from scratch instead of buying a can from the store). In general, this is hard for me to do because I love food and I love to eat. And I get bored easily. But I am finding so much inspiration and creativity in this blogosphere. I will share some of my recent meals in my next post. I fail often at this new way of being and eating, but I'm working through it, finding that it's a daily process...a lifestyle change if you will.  Oh, and did I mention I'm trying to stay away from sugar for a little while? How appropriate that this post immediately follows my post about strawberry rhubarb pie. :) It's hard. I love sugar. I have the biggest sweet tooth known to man. But I think it will be worth it in the end.

On that note, I really do wish I could send a slice of homemade strawberry rhubarb pie to all of you!! ;) Or that we could meet up for a cup of tea. Thank you for your kind comments.  

P.S. I miss living near a Trader Joe's.

6 comments:

lorene said...

Have you ever read the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle? It's amazing and you'd love it! It's all about eating locally grown/organic/just plain good for you food.

Loved the pictures by the way! Keep them coming my friend!

; )

Nell said...

I know what you about being a Sweet Tooth Queen. I'm right there with you sista! Your pictures are awesome, in the true sense of the word. Oh to have scenery like that in my home town! xx

Monet said...

Such beautiful photographs...and I loved hearing your musings about eating. There is so much joy in preparing our own food! I can't wait to see what meals you've been creating. I wish we could have connected this past weekend...we were in Colorado for 48 hours and it went by far too quickly! Much love sweet girl!

merandomyoo said...

i would like to have a cup of tea with you... over the phone : ) ASAP!

the southern hostess said...

Gorgeous photos! Makes me wish I was there.

Morgan said...

I LOVE Trader Joe's, but we don't have one in Utah :( I ate mostly raw for a month and it was really great!! And even now during the week, the majority of the food we eat is fruits, veggies, and whole grains. Weekends though... when I visit my mom and she always has Ben and Jerry's for me in the freezer. That's a whole different story :)