10.05.2010

blognew4
Blognew
blog3

After all that complaining I did about summer weather in Colorado,  the weather today was gorgeous of course. Crisp, cool, a tad rainy. Perfect fall weather...the first day like this in quite some time! The future chef was in the mood for a fall treat and whipped these babies out of the oven. I had to try them, so I took a little break from my no sugar ridiculousness. Definitely worth it!! These moist, delicious, gooey pumpkin squares, (which can only be described as something in between pumpkin bread and pumpkin cake) iced with homemade cream cheese frosting just taste like fall. I've already had waaay too many of them...including one with minimal icing to accompany my cup of tea this afternoon. What a delight!

You have to try them! Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Squares:

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 &  2/3 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 3-ounce package of cream cheese
1 cup oil
1 small can pumpkin
1 tsp. baking soda
1tsp. salt
1 stick butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

Mix eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin together well. Add to mixture flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes in a large jellyroll pan covered with nonstick spray.

Frosting:
Beat together butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla. Spread over top and cut into squares.

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for your comments as of late :)

8 comments:

lorene said...

That seriously looks and sounds delicious! I just love fall treats!

thecolorplaid said...

okay this looks way too good to be true. seriously i'm swooning. yum!

Monet said...

Can I make these and feature them on my blog? They look so delicious love! (and I think I'm coming home on the 21st of October...will you be around?)

Reuben said...

wow. that looks so amazing. i found some really good pumpkin squares at good harvest in bozeman, montana and became obsessed. this makes me really miss fall back home in the states!

la franglaise said...

looks and sounds yum-my!!

Nell said...

Oh my goodness. Sounds so yummy! xx

MyLittlePhotographs said...

mmm this looks incredibly delicious. I love anything made with pumpkins.

Marie said...

Ok so pumpkin bread was one of my big discovery moving over to the US 4 years ago and since then I'm obsessed with it...I love it !! So yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe xx