11.19.2010

IMG_0826
IMG_0853
IMG_0892
IMG_0855
IMG_0861
IMG_0870
IMG_0859
IMG_0817

The 91st street garden in Riverside Park is one of my favorite places in New York. I nannied close by last year, so I spent tons of time there with the little guy... not to mention the garden is featured in one of my favorite movies, "You've Got Mail." I shared pictures of the 91st street garden back in May during the height of spring. So you can imagine my surprise when I found the colors throughout the garden to be even more vibrant during the fall. I don't know if it's because New York is having an unseasonably warm fall this year or if the yellow colors of the trees simply add to the vibrancy. But it was just stunning. I love that the garden is open to anyone in the community, and how there are even small watering cans left out for anyone to use. It's a beautiful place to spend an afternoon. 

6 comments:

Lorene said...

Next time I'm in NY I'll be sure to go there. "You've Got Mail" is one of my favorites, too!

Peggy said...

Such great pictures, as always! Definitely a beautiful garden!

this free bird said...

Lydia these pictures are GORGEOUS...you're so lucky to be able to stroll through here and take it all in!

re: the workoutwagon - just jump on that mother and hang on. i have been back on for about 10 days and feeling so much better - that being said i still live normally. take for instance last night when i had two wonderful cocktails to round out the week (with a meal of course)

i keep telling myself that my health IS a priority not something that i just look after once everything else on the list is completed. easier said than done. it's like breaking in a new habit. argh

carrie :)

merandomyoo said...

ugh. lydia. why do you tease me with these pictures????
i'm loving all your photos : )

Monet said...

We watched a movie set in NYC the other night. It's called Broken English, and we enjoyed it greatly (anything with New York makes us happy right now!) This garden looks just beautiful, and I can't wait to visit it when we go back. Hugs and warm wishes my sweet friend!

MyLittlePhotographs said...

wishing I could stroll here this morning, it looks so beautiful