11.14.2010

IMG_0918
IMG_0944
IMG_0933
IMG_0953
IMG_0965
IMG_0974
IMG_0958
IMG_0934
IMG_0937

Forgive me if these photos seem too repetitive. I felt like I couldn't take enough pictures of this incredible piece of art. I had the opportunity to visit this Big Bambu exhibit on the roof of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and take a walking/climbing tour early on a Saturday morning. It was absolutely incredible and astonishing. We weren't allowed to take photos on the tour...only afterwards at the bottom...so I can't show you the view from the top of the exhibit (which was 40-50 feet above the Met: breathtaking views of the city and Central Park!). I could have stayed up there for hours. So beautiful. 

You can see some of the "walking paths" in two of the pictures above. We literally ascended the structure, which was held together by rock climbing rope (and even declared by the department of New York City to be structurally sound!). Unfortunately, this entire exhibit has already been deconstructed :(. But I would encourage you to read more about it and see more pictures! There's quite an interesting story and concept behind the construction of Big Bambu!

I think I'll keep the NYC posts coming if that's alright :). A few more interesting things to share.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Simply incredible.

Megan said...

Wow, what an amazing project! Thanks for the link, I'm enjoying reading about it!