1.01.2011

NewYear3
NewYear5
NewYear9
NewYear11
NewYear13
NewYear15
NewYear17
NewYear18
NewYear19
NewYEar20
NewYEar21
NewYear24
NewYear28
NewYear31
NewYear34
NewYear35
NewYear36
NewYear37
NewYear39
NewYear40
NewYear42
NewYear43
NewYear44
NewYear45
NewYear46
NewYear50
NewYeara54
NewYear55
NewYear56
NewYear60
NewYear63
NewYear64
NewYear65
NewYear67
NewYear76
NewYear74
NewYear70
NewYear80
NewYear77
NewYear78

In 2010, I watched my sister and brother in law tie the knot in my hometown. I took a leap of faith and quit my grad program at Columbia University, only to find a job at the university a month later and spend the next nine months falling in love with New York City. I visited my friend Michelle in Boston, and my alma mater in LA. I took another leap of faith in August and left New York for my home state of Colorado, where I completed my TEFL certification and began teaching ESL classes. Once again, this year has been a whirlwind, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's been a challenging year as well, and there have been many tears and feelings of loss between the laughter and adventure. But through it all, I am deeply thankful for my family and community scattered through New York City, California, and Colorado, who have loved me unconditionally and sustained me this year. I'm beginning 2011 in a new relationship, and on the brink of yet another (international) move. And I couldn't be more excited, content, and thankful.

Above are some of my favorite and personal best shots of 2010. :) (And here is 2009's post if you're interested). Thank you for your comments and community over the past year!! Wishing you a new year full of friends and family, laughter, food, and adventure!

6 comments:

Lorene said...

Your photos from the year were seriously breathtaking! I love you... Hope you are well!

Monet said...

You have lived such a rich and abundant life this past year. I'm so honored to know you...and I know that so many people are blessed to have you in their lives. I love your photography, and I can't wait to see what 2011 brings for the both of us!

La Franglaise said...

wow wow wow, my dear! These shots are incredible. My two very favourites are the photo of the NYC yellow cab and the one of the daisies. Love em'! Here's wishing you a very happy new year. xx

Megan said...

Sounds like you had a very full and wonderful year! And you have such awesome photos to show for it!

Those honeys look delicious. I recently became enthralled with local raw honey from my farmers market, especially one that is infused with vanilla bean.

Morgan said...

What a beautiful collection of photos, Lydia! Where are you moving now? What a lovely, trusting, wandering spirit you have. Those leaps of faith are so hard, but it seems it is sometimes the only way to do something really worthwhile. <3

Reuben said...

what an amazing year you've had! where will your international move bring you next? i wish you all the best this year