1.14.2014

IMG_5642 copy

IMG_5739 copy
I would be lying if I said I had my 2014 New Year's Resolutions neatly written out and posted on my wall. This is weird for me because I love lists and usually have no problem finding any reason whatsoever to make yet another list (did you know that you can even procrastinate big time through writing/making lists? I'm an expert!). I hope to carve out a bit of time to reflect upon my goals in the coming days. I've been reading a lot of blog posts and Facebook statuses about creating and sticking to New Year's Resolutions. Two things I want to remember going forward in my goal setting are to 1) Be Specific and 2) Be Flexible (otherwise known as embracing imperfection)! I read a couple of great posts about these topics from Nellie Magazine and A Beautiful Mess (some reflections towards the end on releasing perfection during the holidays, but I loved it and think it absolutely applies to everyday life :)). 

I already know that one 2014 goal of mine is to keep up a few traditions that J and I started a couple of years ago, one of which is our January visit to the Colorado Cherry Company for a slice of cherry pie and bing cider and an afternoon in the charming town of Estes Park. These photos are from last year's visit, which I never got around to posting. Hopefully there will be another post like this one in just a few weeks  :)

IMG_5639
IMG_5686 copy
IMG_5692 copy

IMG_5704 copy


No comments: